Healthy Eats: Southwestern Black Bean & Corn Salad

I wanted to share a simple salad I made recently. I got it of the Skinny Taste website, and I've made it before and received many complements. In moderation this salad is quite healthy. (On a side note, I've been on a cleanse lately specifically the Beauty Detox Solution from Kimberly Snyder and she is adamant that you should not consume beans and oil, so I feel like such a cheater being on this 'cleanse' lol. But i'll eventually elaborate about this cleanse I'm on, and tell you how I'm doing) Anyways, the salad is really tasty and super easy to make.

Here's what you'll need:


  • 1 15.5 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 9 oz frozen corn, thawed
  • 1 tomato, chopped
  • 1 small hass avocado, diced
  • 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
  • 1 scallion, chopped
  • 1 lime, juice of
  • 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tbsp cilantro
  • salt and fresh pepper
  • Chop the onions, tomatoes and cilantro and place in a container. (This portion is 4x the recipe, I was making the salad for a party)
    Add the corn and beans. 
    Chop the scallions and avocado and add to mixture. To make the dressing, in a bowl squeeze out all the juice of the lime and slowly whisk in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and pour on top of the salad. 
    And tada! You've made yourself one healthy and delicious salad. With less than 10 ingredients this salad is so easy to make. This salad can keep for a week if you don't add avocado. Good eats!

    Comments

    Popular Posts