Nars Blonde Venus Lipstick

This poster just epitomizes a beautiful hollywood starlet. Did anyone watch the oscars tonight? I didn't...

I did watch the NBA Allstar Game =) Congrats West!

The poster really has nothing to do with this post other than the name 'blonde venus'. I was really happy to find this lip color. The whole nude lip is sort of hard to achieve for me because I can never find the proper color for my skin tone. But Nars Blonde Venus gets pretty close. 
It is a light tan/peach color with a satin-matte finish. I found that the formula is actually sort drying in this formula, but of course if you apply some lip gloss then that wouldn't be a problem. And the color seemed to settle into the lines but other than that it has a good staying power(that's the great thing about dry lipsticks). I believe it stayed for 3-4 hours before having to reapply. 
Indoor Lighting
Daylight
If it was a tinge more lighter this lipstick would probably wash me out, but it's seems to work out for me. Me likey. 

This product retails for $24 and can be found at Nordstrom, Narscosmetics.com, etc. 

Comments

  1. I went make-up shopping yesterday and I contemplated between a mac lipstick and a bars lipstick. Picked up Mac's 'Plink' instead. I might go and return it now after reading this post. Thanks for visiting my blog hun. You've got a new follower :) P.s, you're so pretty ^^

    xx

    withlovex0-ploy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thank you! =) go try it out, it might suit you.

      Delete
  2. I love peachy nude shades but you're right, it can be really hard to find the "right" shade for your skintone. I think that colour is lovely on you, subtle and pretty. I've been meaning to try Nars lipsticks but haven't purchased one yet - so many shades to choose from, hard to know which one I should start out with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! i know it gets so overwhelming sometimes ;-D they have too many colors i want.

      Delete
  3. This looks so gorgeous on you, Jackie! Now this is on my list of wants!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lola. i just used it again this week and put a sheer gloss on top and it looked amazing. this is now THE nude lipstick for me. maybe since we are the same color for nars it would work for you too.

      Delete
    2. You are so welcome! I can only imagine how gorgeous it is with a clear gloss on top!! A girl's got to have THE nude lipstick, period. I was thinking the same thing- since we wear the same NARS tinted moisturizer color this might work on me too!

      Delete
  4. Hi This is SRK i'm suggesting you this is app Tekken 3 Apk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts