Healthy Eats : Peach + Radish Salad

I got this salad off the Bitchin Camero website. Isn't that an awesome blog name?! Unfortunately my photography skills are no where near the quality of theirs so I hope my version still looks as good. I basically used the same exact ingredients but changed the dressing. When I saw this salad on their website I knew I had to make it. It looks super fresh and had beautiful coloring. Their dressing was very simple, just olive oil and white wine vinegar, but I decided to use Giada's white wine vinaigrette which has more flavor. 
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup sliced almonds (you can also used whole and simply chop them)
  • 4 ripe peaches
  • 4 radishes
  • 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
  • 10 basil leaves chopped/torn
  • fresh peppper
To start you want to cut the peaches and radishes into thin slices. You can also place the radishes in cold water so that they don't dry out. Next, crumble the feta (unless you have purchased already crumbled feta whereas you can skip this step). Chop the basil, but being very careful because basil can bruise easily. See quite simple! Now onto the dressing.


Ingredients:
  • 2 tbsp white wine
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1/2 tsp honey
  • 1/2 tsp mustard
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1/4 extra virgin olive oil
Using a blender/food processor place all the items in the machine. Then while the blender is turned on slowly add the olive oil. Finish by adjusting the salt and pepper for taste. 

Now time to eat! Arrange your salad and drizzle the dressing right on top. This salad is really easy to make, super healthy and so beautiful for spring/summer time. 
Yummy yumm. 

Comments

Popular Posts