Chanel Foundation/Powder Brush #7

For a while I was obsessed with duo fiber brushes.

Yah, that's a sentence DEFINITELY coming from a makeup/beauty addict. I mean who says that...

Anyway, I wasn't joking. I really was obsessed for a bit. I have this Borghese duo fiber brush that I became consumed with and always used it for foundation/blush/primer. And then I would talk about it incessantly to my bff, because I swear it had magical powers.

So then my birthday rolls around and she decides to get me the Chanel duo fiber foundation brush to I guess shut me up because every time I passed by those brushes at the Chanel counter I would always ooh and ahh. 

Now I've been using this brush ever since then for about 3 months now and let's just say we've had our ups and downs. 
First, I observed that the #7 brush was made in China. While the eyebrow brush #12 (reviewed here) was made in France. I suppose I haven't really seen a major difference in quality between the brushes (I also have the #13 eyeliner brush which is made in France, and the touch up/kabuki brush which is made in China). But I am kinda bummed out that they are not all made in France. Not that I have anything against things made in China. It's just I buy into the hype of anything made in France. 

So when I first started using the brush there was A LOT of fallout with the bristles. I didn't experience this with my other duo fiber brushes so I was a little miffed. But after 2-3 washes/uses there was no longer any fallout. 

This brush is soft and is excellent with the application of foundation/primer. These past few weeks I've been reaching for this brush pretty much every time I wear foundation. Overall, I would have to say that this brush is just ok. This brush definitely lost points with me through the whole bristle fallout and made in China thing. Maybe if the price point was a little less then it would be more worth it. But then again I didn't buy it...and I like free things.

The #7 brush retails for $54 and can be purchased at Nordstroms or chanel.com.

Any recommendations for other duo fiber brushes?

P.S. I still haven't found a permanent camera solution yet. These pictures were taken quite a while ago when I did have a camera at my disposal. 

Comments

  1. Hey golofootball.blogspot.com there, I think your website might be having browser compatibility issues. When I look at your website in Safari, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other then that, excellent blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. uhoh...i'm not sure how to fix that. thanks for the heads up tho!

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried too many duofibre brushes ... I have one from this local brand called Artiste by Manicare which also shed quite a bit when I first washed it. It also had this factory smell :S This Chanel brush seems like it could be better for the price, but it does look nice and soft :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SHED...i was looking for that word but somehow couldn't think of it and then settled for fallout lol. nvm. Give the duo fiber brushes a try sometime, you might like the results!

      Delete
  3. thanks for your review.
    nowadays there are so many nice quality brushes with affordable price, i guess.
    i only use this type of brush for applying blushes with intense pigments and it works pretty well. i shall give it a try for foundation as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree, thats why I usually dont purchase expensive brushes because to be honest i've been using drugstore/art brushes as my makeup brushes since i began using makeup and they work just as well if not better!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts