Part 1: Allure's 50 Beauty Products to Buy Before You Die

I love a good list. I suppose I love any type of lists, but relating to beauty, basically a little novela as far as I'm concerned. I came upon Allure's 50 Beauty Products to Buy Before You Die on the Yahoo! front page and I thought to myself why do I always click on these type of articles. I already have a good basis on what I do and don't like. And it's not like this list is all defining or should be taken to heart, because its not like everyone needs to try self tanner in their lifetime. But as the beauty junkie I am I just want more and I love this kind of s#*! So I'm just going to go through this list and see how much I've tried so far. Join me will yah!



1. Chanel N°5 
My first memory of perfume. 
2. L'oreal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray 
Have it, bought it because of the hype. No complaints, so I guess it does live it up to the hype.
3. La Mer Creme De La Mer 
Haven't wanted to invest in a $155 per oz cream yet. But I can't predict the future.
4. Nars Blush in Orgasm 
Like it, don't love it.
5. Dove White Beauty Bar 
I use to wash my face with this. Moved on to more expensive alternatives. Silly me. 
6. Aquaphor Advanced Therapy Healing Ointment 
Never been on my radar to try.
7. Crest 3D White Professional Effects Whitestrips 
This product works but made my teeth super sensitive. 
8. YSL Touche Eclat
Been on my list to buy for forevers. 
9. Chanel Le Vernis in Black Satin
I would love to have this.
10. Beachwaver by Sarah Potempa 
First time hearing about this tool. Will be youtube'ing.
11. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion 
My first 'high end' skincare brand was Clinique and I used this moisturizer for a long time until I moved on to others.
12. MAC Lipstick in Russian Red 
One of my first red lipsticks I didn't hate.
13. Beautyblender 
Certainly lives up to the hype.
14. Lip Smackers 
I don't know any girl/woman who hasn't tried or used one of these in their lifetime. I think watermelon was my favorite.
15. Clarisonic 
Unfortunately, my skin does not agree with this. Went through a year of trial and error and all just could not get a happy result.
16. Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta Glow Pads 
I do not need to self tan, I was born with one. But I use the Extra Strength Peel in his line which I love!
17. Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant
Hasn't been on my radar, but I do have the hand cream which unfortunately has too much of a rosemary scent for me. 
18. Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush
Again, something I haven't really gravitated towards. 
19. Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey
I have never heard of this, going to go see what this is all about next time I'm at a Clinique counter.
20. Mason Pearson Hair Brush 
Something I've been highly interested in trying, but just haven't gotten around to purchasing.
21. Dior Diorshow Buildable Volume Mascara
I only purchase drugstore mascara because I find they work so well. And I also only use waterproof, so unless they have a waterproof version I would probably never try. The wand looks up my alley though. 
22. Guerlain Meteorites Pearls 
I would love to own every single one of these, especially all of the limited edition ones. Gorgeous pacakaging. This stuff is fantastic. 
23. Nars Lipstick in Schiap 
On my list to try.
24. Shu Uemura False Eyelashes in Farfallina
These look gorgeous, and I would love to try but there are no Shu Uemura counters here in the US.

Will continue to Part 2...

Comments

Popular Posts