YSL Glossy Stain 19 Beige Aquarelle

First and foremost, I have to blame my long absence on my lack of a camera and my lack of time. I've been trying to keep busy getting my life on track these days I've abandoned my little indulgences in the mean time (my blog being one). 

I wish I knew how people balance their internet lives with their actual lives. I mean recently I've been quite obsessed with instagram, which is what usually happens with new and exciting sites ie. pinterest, twitter. I obsess with it for maybe a month and then I get over it faster than you can say I'm over it. 

Anywho, I'm hoping one day I'll snap out of my short attention span. **crosses fingers**

Sorry for the rant.

In the mean time I have many many overdue product posts.

I think I'm determined to collect all the colors in the YSL Glossy Stain collection because I just love the dang things so much. I managed to add another color to my collection, #19 Beige Aquarelle.
It is a creamy light pale pink. On my lips it reads a little too pale for my skin tone but after experimenting with it I've found that as long as you only use a light layer it won't read 60's mod girl. 
I'm not sure why but the photo comes off with a little purple undertone(or maybe it's just me). I assure you that there is none. The formula for this shade is similar to the other two shades I have in my collection. I would say the difference in color makes no difference in their formula individually.

If you're going for Kim Kardashian look I would say this lipstick fits the bill, if you look at her lipstick/lipgloss choices you'll understand what I'm saying. It wasn't a initial hit for me but from playing around with it I've learned how to make it work for me. Instead of using the sponge applicator, I use my finger to blend in the color and this method worked best. 

Overall, probably not one of the best in the collection but if applied with the right method can yield fantastic results. 

Comments

Popular Posts